Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Stepped On

Howdy everybody. :)

There hasn’t been too much going on to write about lately.. Gran and Pap came down again a few days after they’d left, to pick up Gran’s glasses, then they went home again. Can you believe it – it’s October the 4th and I haven’t taken any pictures yet this month!? And I absolutely dislike posting a post that doesn’t include any pictures, but of course ya’ll know that. ;) I hate to do it now, but I want to post and I don’t have any photos to go with it! Ya’ll will just have to do without this time. ;) Not that this is going to be a very long post though, since there hasn’t been much going on here that I could post about!

It’s been getting chillier (is that a word?) here lately. I’ve been having to bundle up in the morning to go out and do chores! Brrrr! I need to start taking my cayenne and kelp again to keep me warm!! I just remembered last night to close the windows on the Hen House so the chickens don’t get cold! I imagine they’ve been huddling together for the past couple nights staying warm.. Oops!

I was trying to get Gracie back out of her stall the other night, because at that point she wasn’t supposed to be in there.. Well, I started to get her to turn around in the stall, and guess what she does? She stepped on my foot.. The top right of my right foot, to be exact. And boy did it hurt! She wasn’t about to move, either, until I pushed her off of me. I limped around the rest of the evening trying not to walk on my sore foot very much. I’ve got a nice bruise on it now. Thanks Gracie. =|   And then, I think it was yesterday morning, I was fiddling with Zeb while Mom was milking Gracie, and he kicked me! His hoof caught me right on the thumb on my left hand {I was crouched down level with him}. Needless to say, I’ve been keeping my feet far away from Gracie’s and my hands away from Zeb’s hooves! :)

 

I’m so glad I’ve got a sweet goat to make up for it all. :D Shadow’s just the best! lol I’ll try to get out and get some pictures soon! If I can do it without my fingers freezing! :)

No comments: