Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Video of a Census Worker

Last Saturday my Aunt Linda came over, her daughter Tamara and her family (husband and 2 litlte boys) came also. My Uncle Don was coming over to pick up some wood, so everyone just came along. Needless to say, I had my hands full babysitting 4 year old Matthew and 1 year old Timothy. I had a hard time keeping Matt occupied!

Levi and Megan are supposed to be coming for a visit this Sunday. At least, they're supposed to get here sometime Sunday night, and staying Monday and Tuesday. :) That will be nice to see them again! I just saw them when I was up in WV, but Mom and Dad haven't seen them in quite a while. It's a shame that Dad just went back to work. They should've planned it to come down when he was still on his vacation.

^^ A picture my Aunt Mel sent to me. She took it when I was up in WV, the day we went on that long bike ride. Can anyone tell I love taking pictures? :P

Speaking of taking pictures...
I was out in the barnyard the other day trying to practice my self portraits, and this strange car came up the driveway. Well, Mom and Gabriel went out of the barnyard to see who it was, while I rushed to the barn to get the tripod off of my camera. Anyhow, when I got back up there (camera still around my neck), I found out it was a Census worker, coming to try to fish some more information out of us -- even though we'd already filled out the paper with how many people were in the house and sent it back.

Well, I got the whole thing on video. :D I turned my camera on real quick and hit the record button as soon as I got up there. lol. I uploaded it to my youtube channel... not sure how to embed it into the post... so here's the link if anybody wants to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0MkwLspGgw

He was showing us a paper (which he claimed was ours -- but it wasn't. We'd already sent our paper back in). It had the name Joan on it, and the number of people of 7.) What I'd like to know, since he was showing us some paper that wasn't ours, is what happened to the correct paper that we filled out and sent back in??? Strange...

4 comments:

Noah said...

It is GREAT that Levi and Megan are coming for a visit :) And, were you in WV without your parents? How did you see Levi and Megan in WV? That is also very strange. Sometimes they can bother you with all of that kind of stuff! Also, why were you filling out that paper?

~Noah

Lacy said...

Yep, I was in WV without my parents. =) I stayed up with my grandparents and got to see the family up there. Levi and Megan came in to see me the day after I went up there.

You mean the Census paper? They send that out every so many years for a people-count, and all you're required by law to answer is the number of people living in your house -- but they add all these other questions and try to make you answer all of those as well... like everyone's names, birthdates, race, etc.

~ Lacy

Noah said...

Lacy,

Yes! The Census! I don't think that they come to our house to do that? Oh well! See you later!

~Noah

Jessica Rebekah said...

I like the photograph of you taking photos! :D

My internet gig is running low so I'll have to wait for the new month to see your video. :-D

Love
~Jess