Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bye-bye Sammy =(

I was putting the guineas away this evening, and I noticed that Sammy wasn't with the others. First I thought maybe he got out of the barnyard and was wandering around, but then Dad and I started looking around in the barnyard for him.

I walked down by the pond and saw feathers down by the water. Sure enough, there was Sammy lying there right below the plank that goes over the pond. No injuries apparent on his body. Looks to me like he broke his neck... though Mom thinks he might've died from heat exaustion. :(


Sam was my best guinea as far as pet guineas go. He was the friendliest, too. He was my little buddy -- my barnyard pal... my most intelligent guinea! :(

Oh well, at least I still have his twin brother, Adam.

3 comments:

Noah said...

Awwwww :( :( :( It is very hard to lose a animal :(

Jessica Rebekah said...

Aw, shame! :( I'm so sorry to hear about Sammy, Lacy!
I know he was your favourite guinea. It's always so hard to lose a pet!

Love
~Jess

Rachel Beth said...

Lacy, I'm really so sorry about Sammy. It's just so awful when something like this happens.
It's good though that you still have his twin-brother. :)

God bless you.
love, Rachel*