Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Yeller Jackets

If there's any bee I don't like, it's got to the the yellow jackets. We were down by the waterhole today, since Dad was digging it out with the backhoe so it would hold more water, and we had to cut down a few small trees so we could turn the backhoe back around. Well, Mom had come over to help us and passed by the front bucket of the backhoe, and something stung her on the hand. So we went inside to put something on it. I came back down and went right by the spot where Mom got stung, and something bit me on the ankle! OUCH! Come to find out, close by where Mom and I were standing was a yellow jacket nest! :-O I'm sure glad we didn't step on the nest and get stung and bitten more! One time's enough for me! :)

These here are two turtles I caught with my pond net while Dad was cleaning out the hole. Not regular turtles though. They're snappers (snapping turtles). Not exactly the kind I'd like to have in the water holes! We were going to get rid of them, but I decided to take them out the road {in the bucket... on my bike. That was one bumpy ride!} and drop them off by a small creek... except the creek is dried up. Oh well.

^^ Dad cleaning/digging out the waterhole, and the new tank in the barnyard. ^^

This is Goldie, my most friendliest hen. :) I finally got around to getting a picture of her, but it's a bit blurry because she wouldn't hold still. :P She really wanted to check out my camera up close!

2 comments:

Noah said...

Is that the new water tank?? And you are a great photographer!!!!!

Rachel Beth said...

Hello Lacy!
Thank you so much for inviting me to your private blog. I'm looking forward to visiting you here! :)

God bless you.
Love, Rachel